Sunday, June 26, 2011

Gesso, or: The Science Project

I've never done a science project for school. No mouldy bread in my fridge (at least not for that purpose) or vulcanoes being created on my dining room table, nothing exciting like that. But then I opened my gesso today, and...
What the hell is that? Gesso is not supposed to be orange!
Or crusty...

And that crust is not supposed to burst like a marshmellow that's been on roasting above the BBQ for just a few minutes...




Is it bad that I want to keep it to see how much worse it will get?

1 comment:

  1. lol, did you keep it and try to use it? I had a tub go bad once (well, not quite THAT weird looking) and I actually loved it. It became very thick and gritty, and it was the best tub of gesso I've ever had. I don't know how it got that way, or else I'd do it on purpose!

    ReplyDelete