Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cult of Stuff, a page

Remember when I last talked about the Cult of Stuff, and the workshop Less Herger is hosting on Artjournaling dot ning dot com (oh yes, I said it again!)?

For last week, we were challenged into using 'personal ephemera'. Now, when I first moved to the UK and started all this creative madness, I would read the word 'ephemera' and have no idea how to pronounce it. Then I'd hear it on Youtube and still have no idea what was meant. I threw that on Twitter not that long ago and guess what, I'm not the only one! It's not a 'ohyousillyforeignerdon'tyouknowwhatthatmeans' situation at all! I was so relieved!

If you look it up, emphemera means 'Items of collectible memorabilia, typically written or printed ones, that were originally expected to have only short-term usefulness or popularity'. So basically, anything you can stick into your journal, paper, pictures, collage materials, etc. etc. etc. 'Personal ephemera' would then mean that it's stuff you did not buy in a shop, but things like receipts and shopping lists, photo's from your daily life, junk mail you cut up and stick in your journal, the stamps from a letter you received..

Last week, me and Tye went to the cinema and then out for dinner. Here's what I did with the stuff I collected during that day, including the little flags holding our Nando's chicken burger in place.











No comments:

Post a Comment