Friday, July 23, 2010

Monsters!

I turned my back on my Artfire shop for two seconds, and what happens? Monsters take over!

Here they are:


These little monsters are actually ACEOs ,Artist Cards Editions and Originals. They are all 3.5" x 2.5" (or 8.9 cm x 6.4 cm), the same size as regular trading cards. Their size is all they have in common. You can find ACEOs in any medium, from water colours to fabric, from oil paint to metal work and anything else you can think of.

ACEOs are highly collectible, and make cute gifts or nice bookmarks. They can be kept in trading card albums, but will look best framed on their own or in a group.

You can collect ACEOs by artist, medium, theme, colour scheme, style, anything you like. And before you know it, you'll have a whole bunch, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.

These ACEOs were inspired by the knots in the woodpanels of my wardrobe. Those of you who've been following this blog for a while might recognise them, because I first showed them in my Art Journal. They were done on cardboard, in coloured pencil and a tiny bit of gesso.

Run over to my shop to see all pictures and collect them all!

6 comments:

  1. sweet! they're adorable! I'm still doing ATCs (their free swappable cousins) myself but maybe someday I'll try doing some ACEOs ;) especially if mine are as original as your cards turned out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Quirky... I love quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heee...talk about getting inspirations. amazing isn't it - the knots in the woodpanels of your wardrobe! your ACEO's turned out very original indeed. yup, they do look like monsters, artsy monsters;)
    i was inspired by your previous post thou' and did my version using pen...
    Thank you for the inspirations Eve.
    July (itsaworkofart)

    ReplyDelete