Saturday, March 6, 2010

March Art Journaling Challenge, day 4

Today's prompt was 'Doodle'. Now, that sounds easy, and it is, if you have some real doodles laying around. Unfortunately, I don't have a day-job at the moment that has me doodling on pieces of paper while I am stuck in meetings or talking to clients on the phone. And I don't have all that many long talks on the phone while at home. If I do, and it's while talking to my family in Holland, we're on Skype and I don't doodle during those conversations.

The 'problem' is that when you say 'I'll go and do some doodling', it's not really doodling at all! A doodle in my mind is something you scribble while doing something else. You're not paying any attention at what you're doing, you're making shapes and connecting them without even realising you're doing it. If you set out to 'do some doodling', you're drawing and not doodling...

Anywayyysss.. here are my pictures for today. Only a few of these are actual doodles, made during the ad-breaks while watching Grey's Anatomy...






It's not too late to join the fun!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've doodled since high school. Maybe I'll keep a pad of paper near the phone so I can do some doodlin' next time I'm chatting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good idea! Now it felt a bit strange to sit down and doodle. It then becomes more of a 'zentangle'. There's a very fine line between doodle and zentangle/drawing....

    ReplyDelete