Monday, September 3, 2012

Sorted

Sometimes Tye goes into the Tesco supermarket around the corner on his way back from (night-)work. He did again this morning, and surprised me with the Sorted cookbook!

I'm not sure when I first discovered Sorted on Youtube, but I know it's been well over a year since I started watching their cooking videos. The Sorted crew - Ben the chef, Barry who took the amazing pictures in the book, Jamie, Mike and I'm sure there are others - have a new recipe on their website every day, and every week they will have a so called mealpack, a couple of videos using the same ingredients so you don't waste anything.

Sorted started as a way for Ben to get the other boys interested in cooking, became a huge hit on Youtube where they show you how to cook amazing recipes and have a great time at the same time, although I'm not sure if I could do any cooking at all with Jamie poking fun being my back. Ben, you're a star for not getting your fingers chopped off! (although, I do remember that blue plaster on your finger in the early videos....)

Now, I know it's too early to start talking about Christmas, but this book would make a great gift for someone interested in cooking, or needing to learn to cook for the first time because they're moving out (hellooo new Uni students off to campus!) or even those of us who are a bit older *cough* but want to get out of the rut of preparing the same meals over and over again.

Time to get Sorted, so I will leave you with their latest video on Youtube:

No comments:

Post a Comment