Thursday, March 10, 2011

Water colour Wednesday, a day late

Yes I know, Watercolour Wednesday is a day late. I have been using my water colours a lot lately, but more as a colouring in kind of thing than to use it in actual water colouring. That may sound confusing, but water colour as a medium is different than using it as a way to just add some colour to a page.

And I have to be honest, I was running out of ideas of what to try.
So last night, I was having a look around on Youtube to see if I could find some easy techniques to try.

I found this video:

and decided try it, using the colours suggested in the video.



It's so fun seeing the colours mixing right there on the page!



then I tried out this one:

but I used cadmium yellow instead of cadmium orange. (I messed up, alright?)





Tye, being the ever loving and supportive sweetheart that he is, said he was suddenly craving broccoli and cheese for dinner tonight.......

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm broccoli... :)

    I wish I were at home playing with my paints & not at work.

    ReplyDelete